The art of tattoos accompanies humanity since the ancient times. Some of the tattoo designs have ritual character, while others are used for body decoration and expression without any ritual connection. However, in both cases, the tattoo – it’s forever! Therefore, before you decorate yourself, it is necessary to think about downsides as well and if you are person who often change his mind or not yet sure about permanent tattoo, temporary henna tattoo, can be a great solution for you.
Henna tattoos, also known as Mehndi tattoos are a temporary tattoos which lasts for about two weeks on the skin and then disappear. It’s the perfect solution if you need a non-permanent tattoo design for some special occasion, party or a holiday.
Now, we will try to explain how to apply henna tattoo using high quality tattoo henna stencils. It’s important to remember that henna tattoos can be made with freehand painting as well, but that’s a more complicated way that require some experience and drawing skills.
So, let’s begin.
What are henna tattoo stencils
Usage of stencils for tattoos are very popular among the ladies. Therefore, you can find a variety of beautiful henna designs, which will eventually emphasize feminine beauty. Mostly mehndi stencils depict floral motifs, characters, butterflies, animals or inscriptions. The structure itself is a self-adhesive tape, that’s get tightly-fitting to the skin. The adhesive layer is made of hypoallergenic adhesive on the basis of polymers. However, if you are prone to frequent allergies, then, before using henna stencil, consult with a specialist.
It’s recommended to buy stencils for tattoos in safe and reliable online shops such as Amazon which will allow you to compare prices and see product reviews. And remember, it’s all about stencil quality: the higher it is, the lower the risk of allergic rash and skin redness. If you purchased a good tattoo stencil, then with careful application it can be used several times. On the other hand, on cheap stencils the glue dries quickly and lose their properties, so the picture risks to come off during the process of applying the mehndi tattoo design.
Picking henna stencils designs
There are number of high quality stencils for henna temporary tattooing we can recommend. Of course, all of them from Amazon, the most reliable online shop out there.
1) A huge stencil set of 150 (!!!) pieces (50 unique designs, 3 of each pattern) with 2″x 2″ dimension, which is the ideal size for children and adults. The stencils reusable, self adhesive and high quality.
Love these tattoos. They are bright vibrant long-lasting, easy to use.
2) 100 mixed design stencils for tattoos. Great for all kind of parties, children and adults.
3) Set of 5 A3 sheets with 126 sophisticated mhendi stencil designs.
Arrived quickly and as described. The sheets stick well and appear to be completely reusable.
Will recommend this to anyone who is looking for stencil art.
Now, pick a set from our recommended stencil list above, and let’s move to the fun part 🙂
How to use stencils for tattoos
Henna tattooing with stencils is done with the following steps:
- First of all, You need to degrease the skin. This can be carefully done with washing your skin with soap and water, and then drying it. Do not rub hard with a towel, to prevent irritation of the epidermis.
- Remove the adhesive layer from the stencil, and firmly press it to the skin, carefully straightening all part of the future henna henna design. Please note, you need to properly attach the stencil on the first time, otherwise you risking to spoil the stencil.
- Carefully remove the upper transparent film pattern of the henna stencil.
- Now the most entertaining part, apply the henna paste according to the stencil lines and let it dry. You got it! A perfect henna tattoo along the precise lines of the stencil.
Now you know how to apply henna designs using special temporary tattoo stencils. Eventually it’s something that you can do without any previous experience and drawing skills. Just buy a set of stencils, and the needed henna tattoo kit ingredients and you have it. Of course, please write us in the comments if something isn’t clear or elaborated enough. We will help 🙂